Friday 12 February 2016

Unwinding After A Long Day



Lately myself and the people who surround me have been nothing but busy, we all go to uni and have part time jobs to keep us ok between loans. I've noticed that it's really hard for some people to be able to relax and have a nice evening after a long day at work or university, especially if you know you have to get back up tomorrow and do it all again (it has been a week of early starts for me.) It's hard to unwind after constantly doing things all day, so if you're like me and can't stop fidgeting when you get home, this tips could seriously help you relax and help you to look after yourself a bit more.

1. Pamper Session
Lets talk beauty... Get your favorite face mask, cleanse your face and enjoy some pamper time. It's important to feel refreshed and happy instead of just falling into bed without taking your makeup off. Fortunately i never do this, it's so important to take your makeup off before going to sleep. Think of the pimples you will wake up with the next day if you don't clean your face! The horror. A face mask is a perfect way to unwind and give your skin the treat it needs after having piles of makeup on it all day. Another thing you could do is take a long relaxing bath. Take a bath bomb or your favourite bubbles and soak for about half an hour, I'm sure you will be ready to crawl into bed after that treat. 

2. A Nice Dinner
I'm guilty of not eating properly after work, I'll settle for snack food but i will always wake up in the morning starving because i haven't eaten real tea the night before. It's important to look after your body and make sure it's ready for your next busy day. Eat your favourite meal and make sure you enjoy it, this will motivate you to do it more often.

3. Some Reading
I love to read. I'm into any genre and i get into books straight away. When you're a book addict like me it's easy to sit down with a cup of tea and dive back into a world which isn't your own. Let your mind wander and your eyes tire, you'll soon be relaxed enough for an easy nights sleep.

4. Watch A Film/TV Program
I have certain films and programs i watch when i'm going to sleep. I'm one of them annoying people that can't sleep unless there's something on the TV. So my go to things are Chalet Girl, Burlesque and Mock The Week. I don't know why they're just nice to fall asleep to. Find your fave film and put it on or maybe even just a nice film.

5. Playing Games
Spend some time with your family and friends, play some board games or something.

6. Snack Food
Indulge your dark side and go and buy all of your favorite snack foods. Maybe even some ice cream? lay in bed, relax, watch some crappy TV and eat everything you own.

Let me know what you guys like to do after a long day!

Love,
Danielle

5 comments:

  1. Loved this! :) I can relate to this so much - after a long and busy day I just need some time to destress and look after myself. All these things you've mentioned in this post definitely help me too. Especially reading always helps me to relax.

    Sara x / aboutlittlethiings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Reading is my favourite way to relax, it's best in a relaxing bath x

      Delete
  2. Such a lovely post, I agree with everything! I like to get in a bubble bath, magazine and a chocolate milk and chill. Then pamper with every product I own and watch a movie!
    Fix Me In Forty Five - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog
    Blog Lovin' // Instagram
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading is probably my favourite way to unwind - I'm trying to make time for it every evening before bed :) xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete