Thursday 25 February 2016

Favourite High Street Vs Luxury Brand Product

Over the past few months i've broadened my make up knowledge and gone over to the dark side. I've started buying more expensive brands such as MAC, Illamasqua and Nars. Even though the make up is so much more expensive and that might not be okay with some people, i have to say... it is all worth the money (well, most of it.) I wanted to share with you guys my thoughts on some of my favourite products from a high street brand a more luxury brand.



Lipsticks


At the minute i'm into wearing nudes and my two favourite ones are the MAC Twig and Rimmel Kate Moss 03. The Kate Moss nude is my holy grail of lipsticks, i can wear it with any clothing, any style of hair and it's perfect. It has a slight pinky tone to it which matches my skin tone perfectly. Luckily i can get away with pink tones or brown tones, i do prefer the brown ones but i'm still in love with these two. The MAC one is also one of my favourite all time lipsticks, the pink tone is much darker and has more of an evening look which makes me reach for it less. 

Favourite? Rimmel Kate Moss- 03.

Foundation


These are my two favourite foundations. The coverage with Nars Sheer Glow is flawless and it leaves my skin feeling covered and smooth. You can layer it up or just leave one natural layer on which i love. The price is kind of steep for me, £33 just seems like too much! But for this item, every now and again i'm willing to pay it. On the other hand, my favourite high street brand of foundation is the Maybelline Fit Me. The coverage isn't full but the colours available and the texture goes with my skin really well.

Favourite? Nars Sheer Glow.

Powder


Since i first started wearing make up at school i've used powder. I know most people don't but i find it sets my foundation and concealer way better and just gives that finished tone to my skin. I first found Maybelline Matte Maker last year, after previously using Maybelline powders and being really impressed. After i went on a MAC haul a few months ago i picked up the Pro Longwear powder and it isn't amazing. It seams to take my foundation off and doesn't give me that finished look which Maybelline does which disappointed me. 

Favourite? Maybelline Matte Maker.

Let me know which make up you are loving right now, and i will give it a try! Thanks for reading. 

Love,
Danielle

1 comment:

  1. Shows you don't need all the money to get the best look!

    ReplyDelete