Wednesday 11 November 2015

Travel Tuesday: Austria


Travel Tuesday is back guys! I know it's no excuse but i took time away because it restricted me too much and i wasn't putting as much passion into the posts as i wanted to. But for now, it's back which will be good news to all my travelling pals. This post is going to be all about my time in Austria. 

When i was in Year 10 (15 years old, nearly 5 years ago, when i was a crazy teen.. oh how times have changed) i got the amazing opportunity to travel to Austria with a bunch of my fellow class mates and go skiing. It cost my family what i think was a fortune for them to pay, £1000. It's safe to say that was my birthday and christmas present that year. 

We travelled by coach and it took 28 hours in total, each way. The journey there wasn't too bad, we were hoped up on sugar and excited for the following week. But the journey back was horrific. The night before i had slipped out of the cubical shower and bashed my back on the corner, which meant i had an aggressive bruise all the way up my hip and back. I had around 30 minutes sleep during that journey, and after an exhausting week it was just awful. 

The skiing part however was amazing. The setting was beautiful and the people were so lovely. I had never skied before so i was on the beginner slope at first, we then worked our way up to the hardest ones. Face planting down the cliffs became my art, i'm not the most graceful of people on a regular day so put me in some ski boots and you're in for a clumsy treat. 

Not only did we have a week of skiing, but a week of other fun (cold) activities. We travelled round different areas and made the most of our week there. By the middle of the week i took a day off, because my knees couldn't take the pressure and i just wanted to sit in my favourite spot at the bottom of the mountain and have a hot chocolate. The picture below is our whole group at an ice hockey match.


We stayed in a residential place where another school was also staying. On a night we played hide and seek because it was a huge place, there were floors in the hotel which were abandoned and i swear they were haunted. That place was creepy as hell.

All in all it was an amazing experience and if you have the opportunity i would tell you to go and do it. If not for the sport for the beautiful places and views. Let me know if you have been skiing before and what your experiences were like!

Thanks for reading, until next time my loves.
Danielle.

2 comments:

  1. You have some great parents. I don't think my family would have paid for that trip. But sounds like you had some amazing memories.

    http://www.pixics.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm extremely lucky. Thank you for reading!

      Delete