Tuesday 10 November 2015

Second Year Struggles


My first year at university was a breeze. I had loads of friends on my course, the work was pretty easy and life was just simple. Then i moved into my own house with a few people, moved of campus, into a new class with no one i know and things began to change. Not only do i know absolutely no one, but i'm the only girl in a class with boys. They are all amazing, and they know what they are doing. If i get stuck with work it's kind of hard, i can ask my teachers but it's hard when you want to bombard them with email after email.

All my friends are in their second year now too, and it's safe to say i'm not the only one struggling this year. The work is so much harder than last year and the work pile is crazy. Not only do most of us have at least two assignments a week, but we have to work on top of that to afford simple things like food and living. Therefore it leaves not enough time to fully commit to university.

Because i'm struggling so much to be motivated to complete my work, uni has taken a step back in my life, which is something i hoped would never happen. I keep telling myself that it will all be fine and i will get over this phase soon enough (and i'm sure i will) it's just a matter of time. It's important to keep powering through when the times are hard and you basically have no time to breath.

Something which is important to remember is that it will all be worth it in the end. The amount of work you have to do might suck, but it's worth it when you have that degree at the end of it all. The sweat, blood and tears will be over soon and that's something i'm looking forward to.

The whole point of this post is to let all the students out there know that they aren't alone in the thoughts of quitting. I've noticed lately that so many people are saying the want to quit. But the truth is they won't, it's just one of them things. You have to pick yourself up and get on with it like an adult would. Because that's what i am now isn't it? An adult? 

It's okay to have a horrible day, where you eat nothing but ice cream and stay in bed. Everyone needs a breath of fresh air and a day to themselves. Don't be ashamed to not be on top of everything all the time. Take some time for yourself and be refreshed.

If any of you are struggling and can't handle the pressure, i'm here. Leave a message and i will try my hardest to reply with something witty and helpful. What struggles have you come across this semester? Maybe we can all help each other.

Sorry for the rant, but until next time my loves.
Danielle.

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel. I'm in third year now, and it seems I don't have much of a Christmas holiday! When I loose motivation, I just think about graduation day, and how i'd feel if I didn't get the grade I wished for :)

    http://travellingthroughmytwenties.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the inspiration! I will take all i can get lately xx

      Delete