Saturday 5 September 2015

Three Book Review

I recently became a member of my local library, when i say local i mean very local, it's literally at the top of my street. Anyway, i was a member of my library back in Leeds, and i was obsessed with going every 3 weeks. I have managed to rekindle my love with the library and i was lucky enough to find 5 books which sounded amazing to me. My library allows me to take out up to 20 books for 3 weeks, and at any time we can take them back between the 3 weeks or renew them and add more time if you don't finish them in time.

People tend to judge others who actually go to the library, but i love it. If you're a book worm like me and can't afford to spend £8 on a book each time and probably only read it once, why not do it for free and not have any clutter at the same time? So far i've only managed to read 3 of the books i chose and my time is up on Monday, so i'm renewing the other two. I've decided to give you a review of each book so maybe you can open up your world to some amazing literature!




1. The first book i wanted to read was 'The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer' by Michelle Hodkin. This book has been in my wish list on Amazon for around 3 years and as soon as i saw it in the library i knew i had to pick it up! I enjoyed this book and i learnt it was a trilogy too, so when i go back to the library i'll be picking up the second and third because it ended on a really big cliffhanger. It's a page turner but some of the details are far too drastic.

Mara Dyer is a teenage girl who wakes up in the hospital with no memory of what happened to her and what caused the deaths of her boyfriend and two best friends. She moves cities and decides to start her life fresh, until she sees the faces of her dead friends and begins to see other peoples deaths before they actually happen. Noah Shaw, the most beautiful boy in school shows won't leave her alone, but does he have her best interests in heart, or another agenda altogether?

2. The next book i read was 'I Was Here' by the amazing Gayle Forman. Gayle wrote 'If I Stay' which has turned into an amazing film and a huge success. I have read and watched that film and highly recommend that one too. But back to 'I Was Here'. I fell in love with this book, it is beautifully written and explained brilliantly. The story touched my heart and will live with me forever, it has become one of my favourite books. After i finished it i ran into Chloe's room (my house mate who also became a member of the library) and gave her the book, told her how amazing it is and she started it then and there, from what i can tell she agrees with me.

Meg and Cody were best friends for life. They knew everything about each other. Or Cody thought they did. But how well do you ever really know your best friend? And what do you do when they choose to leave you behind? Meg commits suicide and Cody learns things about her she never thought she would.

3. My third and final book is 'Lorali' by Laura Dockrill. Unfortunately i didn't get into this book. I gave myself about 5 chapters but i just couldn't pick it up which made me really sad because it's all about mermaids. I'd still give it a go if i was you and you are interested, i just had my mind on other books.

Looking after a naked girl he found washed under Hastings pier isn't exactly how Rory had imagined spending his sixteenth birthday. But more surprising than finding her in the first place is discovering where she came from. Lorali is running not just from the sea, not just from her position as a princess but her entire destiny. Lorali has rejected life as a mermaid and became human. But along with Lorali's arrival, and the freak weather suddenly battering the coast, more strange visitors begin appearing in Rory's bemused Sussex town. Can Rory protect Lorali? And from who? Andy where does she really belong?

I hope you enjoyed this different post, i'm sure in the next few weeks i'll have another few books to review and share with you all. I've picked up another 6 books from the library, lots of reading in my schedule! Have a great day guys.

Love,
Danielle


No comments:

Post a Comment