Tuesday 4 August 2015

Travel Tuesday: Italy

Happy Travel Tuesday, my favourite blog day. This time i'm sharing my time in Southern Italy with you. In May 2014 i was chosen along with 3 other people to study for 3 weeks in a city called Lecce. There we worked for different companies, learnt basic Italian and explored the wonderful city. 

The first picture is one of my all time favourite images, obviously not captured by me. I was wearing my favourite floppy hat and i was bleach blonde at the time. We looked at this view for about an hour, and i won't lie, i could have stayed longer.


Lecce is quite run down on the outskirts, but the centre is lovely and the architecture is the most beautiful thing i've ever seen. There were so many different places to eat and drink, at each point surrounding the town there were these arches which were magnificent. 



Everywhere i go, even if i'm just at home i always manage to catch a beautiful sunset. It's like a hobby, i can sit there for hours waiting for it and then watching the sun disappear. Half way through the holiday i caught this one from my friends bedroom. I remember exactly what we were doing because we had just done face masks, which obviously went everywhere.


On our first weekend we took a trip to the beach, it was full of locals relaxing with their friends and doing what was normal to them. Us being English, thought that because the weather was over 20 degrees we had to strip down to our swimming gear and go into the freezing water. It's easy to say we got some funny looks.



Italy is my favourite country, i just think it's beautiful. One day i will travel to places such as Florence and Venice, it will be amazing. I hope you enjoyed this travel Tuesday, let me know if you've ever been to Italy and if you have any recommendations! 

Love,
Danielle


4 comments:

  1. That looks beautiful. I would love to visit verona and venice:)


    Stay fabulous x
    http://daristo-chic.blogspot.com/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Italy looks so beautiful! I love your sunset picture. How wonderful, if must have been fun to work there!

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love a pretty sunset. It was super fun, that job wasnt amazing but the rest was great

      Delete