Thursday 6 August 2015

Top 10 things you need at University

One week today i'm moving into my house and to say i'm excited would be an understatement. Last year i was in halls and i did have a fab time, but i'm excited to be comfortable in a home situation. Because i wasn't sure what i needed when i moved out i took absolutely everything i could get my hands on, and i also forgot some pretty important stuff. I decided to list some stuff i think you need when you move out because i didn't have a guide, and i think it's pretty important for someone to give you a rough idea. Most of these will be for the people who are moving out, but if you're not, i'm sure you will one day.

1. Pictures of the people you love

All through my first year i was printing pictures of my memories with people from home and my new memories with friends from University. It's important to be surrounded by the people you love when you're so far away from home, it makes you feel less alone.


2. Two sets of bedding

You will see this bedding set in my Home Haul post, it's brand new for my house. I did purchase two sets of bedding last year for the house just in case. It turns out it is highly important to have more than one set. Don't kid yourself, you won't do your washing once a week. You might aim to, but finding the time to go to the laundrette in your first year is so hard. I was across campus so it took a while to get there and was in the end, a dreaded task. I change my bedding once a week so yes, two sets of bedding is handy.

3. Cleaning products

If you're like me and live with a larger amount of people, it's important to tidy up after yourself. You're in charge of keeping your own space clean, you shouldn't live in a pig sty like the stereotype of a student is. Through my first year at uni i went through two bottles of bleach and two bathroom/kitchen products. CLEAN.

4. Stationary

There's nothing worse than having someone constantly ask for a spare pen in lectures. Get yourself prepared and keep a pencil case/notebook in your bag.

5.  A mirror

I only had a mirror in my bathroom, and when you're addicted to a program on Netflix, (it will happen) you'll want to watch it whilst you're eating, getting ready and showering. So a mirror on your desk is a perfect idea i think. It helps the lazy inside all of us.

6. Healthy food

Please for the love off god do not live of chocolate and Dominos. Trust me, i know how hard it is to fall into that lazy pattern, the amount of work you have to do is piling on top of you and it's easy to call that number and get some pizza. Don't. Once in a while is fine, but go to the supermarket and pick up some fruit. Maybe put some yoghurt on top. It's a better snack and you will feel so much better after.

7. Hobbies

When you aren't with the amazing new friends you have made or when you don't have any work which needs doing or you aren't getting drunk at 12pm, you need a hobby. You need to keep busy so you don't get into that sad stage where you miss home and some people. Read, go swimming or go explore some amazing places near you.

8. Netflix account

Netflix will be your bestfriend, there's nothing else to say really.

9. Confidence

I'll be honest, i'm not the most confident person. I can't just go up to people and speak to them or talk in front of a group of people. But you need to be able to put yourself out there and be comfortable with different people. Make friends and don't be scared to put yourself out there. You won't regret it.

10. Cupboard food

Soup and beans for example. You need emergency food for when you've spent all your money on alcohol and eating out. Invest in a huge bag of pasta and pasta sauce, it will do you good.

Leave any recommendations for future University students, i'd also love to hear them!

Love,
Danielle 

4 comments:

  1. I'm starting my first year of university in September which is super scary and exciting all at the same time! I'm actually still living at home though, it just turned out to be the best option for me personally. Great tips though!

    Toni x
    www.clarkecouture.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You'll have a fabulous time. Living at home won't restrict you, lots of my friends live at home. What university are you going to? X

      Delete
  2. Adore your blog & listt!

    wildvagabondss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, I wish someone wrote a post like this when I was a fresher!
    Jamie -x-

    bibbity-boppity-boo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete