Monday 27 July 2015

What's in my makeup bag?

I haven't done a beauty post yet, and what post would be better than a what's in my makeup bag? I've never had a big makeup collection and i don't usually keep it in a bag. But because i'm travelling around a lot i can't really set it up the way i like. I usually keep it in a draw with accessories and my brushes in a jar. Everything is also drugstore as i'd rather spend my money on multiple pieces of makeup rather than just one expensive thing.

Lets start with my makeup brushes, i never really used them until i went to university and started watching vloggers such as Tanya Burr and Zoe Sugg. They are so much better than using a sponge or your fingers for example. I just find that it is easier to blend and get the right amount on your face without it looking smudged. The Real Technique brushes are fab, they blend really well and each brush has it's own use. I also love the double sided H&M brush, it works fab and it's also very cheap. I use it on my eyebrows and for my eye shadow.

Real Technique, Sam & Nic Chapman- £9.99
Real Technique, Core Collection- £25.00
Superdrug Eyebrow Brush- £3.00
H&M, Double Sided- £5.00

I apply my foundation first and then contour then powder, unfortunately i don't actually have my contour/eye shadow/brow sculpture stuff with me because i came out quickly. But i can show you guys what foundation and powder i'm using that the minute. I love the Maybelline range, it has my favourite foundations but i fancied a change last time. The L'oreal foundation is good, it does the job it just takes a while to blend. I love the matte maker powder so much, it takes away an shine and makes your makeup look more set.

L'oreal Infallible 24H Wear- £6.99
Maybelline Matte Maker- £5.99
I don't have much of an eye collection because like i said earlier i've forgotten my HUGE eye pallet. But this is my liquid eye liner and mascara. There are so many different versions of liquid liner and mascaras that are all the range lately. I find it really hard to find a good liner which can last a while if i'm out all day and is jet black without using loads of liquid. I have to say, the is one of the best ones i have come across in the past 4 years. The Barry M Showgirl mascara is also really good. I have the shortest eyelashes ever and this mascara can still help them look full.

Rimmel, Glam Eyes- £6.99
Barry M, Showgirl- £7.99

My lipstick/liner collection is probably the biggest section in my makeup bag. I go through phases where i am completely addicted to getting new colours for each season. Lately i've been using nudes a lot more because they go with everything i wear. I only own one at the minute but this one is amazing and i haven't seen any more which have caught my eye. Two of my lipsticks are from the Kate Moss collection at Rimmel, these are my all time favourite lipsticks. The colours are just fab and the consistency is brilliant. They dry instantly and make any look brill. The Barry M lipstick colour is fab, its blood orange with a dash of pink and it's gorgeous. The consistency however isn't great, its gooey and doesn't really stick and i was really disappointed. But i've figured i can put the Kate Moss 03 nude on top and it makes a lovely colour.

Collection nude liner- £2.00
Rimmel red liner- £3.99
Rimmel, Kate Moss 03- £5.99
Seventeen, Hot Stuff- £4.99
Max Factor 710- £4.99
Barry M 151- £5.99
Rimmel, Kate Moss 107- £5.99


The last thing in my makeup bag is Ted Baker tweezers, i carry these in with me in there at all times because there's no doubt about it. Someone will ask me to pluck their eyebrows. They are the best pair of tweezers i have ever owned and you should pay that extra money to get a good pair. They are able to get the smallest of hairs and thats fab, plus they're pretty.

Ted Baker- £10.99

Thanks for reading guys, i hope you enjoyed this post and let me know if you have any of these pieces and if you like them! Also recommend me some makeup you think i might like, i'm always looking to buy more things. 

Love,
Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment