Wednesday 22 July 2015

University Life

In September i'm going into my second year of university, this is the year that counts. I spent my first year settling into a new city two hours away from home, meeting new people, getting drunk and finally achieving a 2:1 (which doesn't even count towards my degree.) I thought i'd write a post which will help some of you who are about to go to uni, or some of you who just don't feel like you're settling in. I'll also be sharing some of the pictures i took from the past year with you guys!

Living with other people

I moved into a flat with 7 other people, boys and girls, and gosh was there drama. Every night something was happening, someone was being loud or someone was drunk. Every time you think of going to a university you know everyone will be drunk. Luckily i had different groups of friends to keep me grounded. I loved my flat and i'm so grateful that i got to meet some amazing people. I was living on my own for the first time ever and i have to say i loved it.
My one piece of advice i'd give to you for living with other people would be: Be involved, but remember to have time for yourself.



Making friends on your course

When i started my course i literally knew nobody. There were various groups on facebook where people were talking but i didn't really put myself out there. Were were put into groups for our lessons and that's where i met some fab girls. Ever since the first day we all instantly clicked and seemed to get on. Because we were such a big group of girls there were many occasions where the drama caught up with us. But being at uni and making friends is completely different than high school, you just get on with it. Everyone is grown up and mature, we all put our differences aside and made some amazing memories.
My one piece of advice i'd give to people would be: Help each other and don't leave anyone behind.


Keeping up with the work

I struggled to find the motivation to actually get the work done if i'm honest. Once i get into it i am completely fine and i will finish it then and there. But i made a habit of leaving things to the last minute. It caused a lot of stress in the last few months not for me but for everyone else i knew. You just need to remember that there are people out there who can and will help you. You aren't alone in your work load and you need to relax.
My one piece of advice i'd give to people would be: Don't rely on people too much, you got to university so use that brain of yours.

The best friendships

I have learnt that the friends you make at university will be the ones you have for life. People will still come and go but the ones you have at the end of year one, in my opinion are the ones who will stay with you always. I have friends that live all over the country and when we aren't all in Ormskirk it can be hard, but friends will always be there. From my big group of friends on my course i met four girls. They all live close to Uni so with me being hours away it can get hard when you're all used to making plans that day. They're fab girls and i wouldn't change them for the world. (Don't cry when you read this)


I've also made amazing friends with one of the girls from the flat, she lives close to me so we're able to have Chummy Tuesdays anytime. 


My one piece of advice i'd give to people would be: Make time for everyone.

New relationships

In the past my relationships have been.. lets say eventful. They haven't been great. I came to uni thinking i wouldn't be in a relationship for a while as i'd been on my own for nearly 2 years. It wasn't a priority basically. I've been with my boyfriend for 7 months now and it's fab, I'm not staying on this subject because i hate public affection, awkward.
My one piece of advice i'd give to people would be: Open up yourself to new people and love. 


Thanks for reading guys, i hope you enjoyed this ever so personal post. I'm glad i get to share all these special people with you. Comment and follow so maybe i can reassure others that university can be scary, but wow is it amazing.

Let me know what you enjoy most about university!

Love, 
Danielle


5 comments:

  1. Loved reading about your uni experience! I'm just about to go into my third year of uni and I can relate to some of this so much! Defo had drama & a few weirdos in my flat aswell haha (but who doesn't?) xo
    www.blackisthenewblackkk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats fab, which uni do you go to? Haha that is the worst! X

      Delete
  2. I'm about to start uni in September for the first time! To say I'm scared is an understatement but cheers for the advice! X

    New blog design and poolside holiday outfit over at-
    hailandharmony.blogspot.ie
    // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you need any more help let me know! X

      Delete
  3. I am also about to go into second year and I totally agree that the friends you meet at uni are the ones you'll have for life! x


    www.emma-marie.com

    ReplyDelete